Eve Sleep is a UK-based sleep wellness company. Founded in 2015, Eve offers a full suite of sleep-optimising furniture and bedding through their direct to consumer (DTC) ecommerce shop. Only two years after its founding, Eve raised £30mn through its IPO on the London Stock Exchange.
Eve had scaled rapidly and had reached a pivotal moment of change: the company was looking to grow and expand their proposition in an increasingly competitive market. The leadership team had a clear vision for the future of data in the company, but their data infrastructure could not support the next phase.
As a company, Eve described themselves as data-rich and organisationally poor: data was generally available, but it wasn’t in shape to drive decision making. Marketing analytics were available via Google Analytics and while operational data was housed in Netsuite, but both were disconnected and insufficient. Acquisition data was disconnected from product and profitability metrics, hindering the team’s ability to make informed strategic decisions. The team needed to update its data stack to put insight and profitability into focus. Beyond execution alone, their data leaders needed an interim team to build a foundation and multi-year roadmap which could be implemented long after the engagement ended.
- Build a data stack with an integrated marketing platform that enables profit-based optimisation decisions
- Update data collection to support more granular insights into conversion and product usage
- Implement Looker as a self-service visualisation platform
- Accelerate the maturity of Eve’s data infrastructure and shape their multi-year data strategy
Data strategy & roadmap
data collection & etl
Modelling with dbt
self-service BI with Looker
We delivered the data stack that Eve needed as a scalable foundation for the team to own, including:
- Fully functional, updated data stack reliant upon Fivetran, dbt, and Looker
- Single source of truth housed in clear, documented, centralised data models in dbt and Git
- Prototypes of core marketing dashboards that will allow Marketing and Product teams to generate conversion and product insights.